Wednesday, December 20, 2006

We're Baaaa-aack...

Well, we had a fun time visiting western NY state! Unfortunately, it did not snow AT ALL while we were there. That was a bummer! Luckily, the Peek N' Peak resort was able to make some snow for some of their ski slopes. We got one really good day of lessons and skiing in & then only a couple hours a few days later. But we had a great time. We both made it without bruises, broken bones, or broken spirits. I fell a few times, but nothing serious. If anything, it taught me how to get up with skis on. Not so easy!!! :) Other than some skiing we enjoyed some good food at little local restaurants in various small NY & PA towns in the area....sometimes we were the only customers! Very peaceful & romantic. The hubby even tried an antelope burger! Other enjoyed foods were delicious Lake Erie Perch, some good homemade Italian eggplant parm, spicy fried shrimp, NY strip steak, etc. It was great! I also introduced the hubby to a local brewery, and tried some of their yummy pale ale with a tasty lunch. We also visited some cute little local shops buying some local art pieces, maple syrups, candy, etc. I also was able to meet up with a few old friends for lunch and a trip to a local winery (one of my favs) for some tasting. At the ol' English Tudor style resort, we stayed in a quaint room that had a nice fireplace. As you can imagine we got in plenty of lounging by the fireplace reading, watching movies, and enjoying some good wine. On our final night there, we did some laps in the indoor pool, and enjoyed a nice soak in the outdoor hot tub. My muscles were definitely in need of that...there were sore muscles that I didn't even know I had!!!

We forgot the digital camera. DOH! So, I'll have to get the old-school 35 mm photos developed and placed on a disc before I can post them. :)

Perhaps the next ski trip will be in Colorado, Utah, or Wyoming! Looking forward to trying it again. It was a blast!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like the vacation was awesome! I so wish we could go somewhere and do some skiing. One of these years - I hope!