Thursday, December 7, 2006

Half way there...


WOOHOO! I am all done with school for the year. I finished my Medicine Block exam this morning. It was a doozy, but it's over!! Now I can rest for a month....although knowing me, I will probably slip some studying in so I don't feel like a slacker. BUT I will mostly be resting and having fun with our vacation plans.


I chatted for a bit with the director of our program today after the exam, and he told me that as I rest over this break to take some time to reflect and realize how much I have grown over the past 15 months. I have actually done a little of that already, and it truly is amazing just how much I have learned in such a short period of time. I know I still have A LOT more to learn, but I realize that will be a life-long process. PA school, as I have said many times, is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done and there have been some moments here and there where I have questioned my decision and my abilities. This is very normal! And I think most of us PA students go through that and then realize how strong we truly are and that we LOVE it! WE love to be challenged, and ultimately, we love to help others......that is what drives us. I hope that I as I progess further in school and then in my career, that I will always keep that as my driving force.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congratulations on finishing another semester! I think it's awesome you continue to catch your dream!

As mentioned previously, relax, sleep in, read a Barnes & Noble book (not a TEXT book), take in some sights and sounds - most of all just have fun over the holiday!

15-months . . . . . geesh. That's a bit of time, eh?