Monday, December 22, 2008

Hey Stranger! and More Randomness......... Tra La La

I am off from work allllll week! YAY! So, I thought I would blog. WHOA! Shocker!

Well, my cold that I have had for over 2 weeks is almost all gone. YAY! (Keeping fingers crossed.) This has been a bad winter for illnesses for everyone.

My wedding ring is in the process of being repaired. Boo. As you can see from the previous post, one of the pesky little sapphires decided to jump out and run away. :( So, the jeweler has to find a matching sapphire and fit it to my ring. It will probably be after Christmas when I get it back. Thankfully I have my "sport wedding band" to wear in the meantime.

OK. Time to complain. I whined a little about this on my Facebook page, but I have to complain here, too. :) So, Hubby and I were out this weekend finishinig up our Christmas shopping (we are done!!! YAY!). I saw someone I know and was flabbergasted...that's right...I said flabbergasted...at their response to my smiling and waving to this person. I don't think my explanation will do justice to how she acknowledged me. She sarcastically smirked (not a smile at all) and did a quick wave. Like, "Yah, I see you....and I could care less." I was like, "What the???" Hubby? Did you see that??? What kind of response is that? How incredibly rude. Look chic. Yes, you and I aren't friends, but we do know each other and we have mutual friends. What's with the rudeness? What did I ever do to you???? I don't get it. I am like the nicest person ever. ;)

Sheesh!

So, on a final and VERY EXCITING note. The actual house building process has officially begun. I took a long time and paperwork to choose the home and at the options and stuffs that go with it. Hubby & I finally met with the construction supervisor last weekend and this week, they began!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

1. I hope my cold does not last 2 weeks!

2. I got a new wedding ring myself!

3. I'm done with trying to find new friends. They all suck. I'm keeping the old - nothing good has ever come from the new.

4. Super happy for you and hubby on the ground-breaking! Keep pictures coming!

Allison Horner said...

Jen:
1. I hope not either!
2. I want to see pics! Show us the new bling!!! :)
3. Finding new, GOOD friends is quite difficult I must say. People are so disappointing sometimes. You & T need to move back to Houston. I need to come a visit!!
4. Thanks! It is supposed to be done in about 4 months! We can't wait!!

timmie said...

Being a family 'elder' I can honestly say the the best friendships of my life were formed in my late 20's and early 30's. And I am still close with those friends over 30 years later... The 'new' friends I made happened in my mid-30's and we, too, are very close. It becomes more difficult as one ages to make 'good' lasting friendships. We all become set in our ways and seem to be more discriminate. Our lives become busier and busier so that forming new friendships is hard to do. Time becomes a consideration. As you grow older, you will cherish your friends even more and derive enormous comfort from just knowing they are 'out there'. House building slideshow - I'll play it for Rick, the Builder. He loves that stuff. Good news about your wedding ring, Alli. Remember, it's the marriage itself that is the most important. But then, I think you and Scott know that. I love you.

tt said...

WOW!! yay for ya;ll.........
that house looks huge! And so beautiful...I love it.
sux about the stone in your ring...Mine is still gone. I'm afraid if I replace it I'll loose it too. I'm hard on jewelry I guess.
Have a merry time off babe. YOU deserve it for sure. Rest up.
xo

Ian said...

It wasn't me that ignored you was it? If it was me then I was in holiday shopping mode and when I'm in holiday shopping mode I'm not stopping for nothing except pizza and beer. If you were carrying pizza and beer, then it definitely wasn't me.

Tink said...

Maybe she thought you were waving away a fart?

Hey, it could happen.

Bummer about the ring, but congrats on the house! I can't wait for more updates.