Friday, December 28, 2007

Today's Randomness: Brought to you by the letters P & M & S

Studying for my board exam and Christmas time is soooo not a good mix. It has been very difficult to stay focused, and the past week there has been little studying. Due to this and my tendancy to FREAK & STRESS out over such major exams, I have rescheduled my exam to Tues. Jan 8th. Perhaps some may think that postponing it 4 extra days is silly, but I don't care what those "some" think. If the 4 extra days to study helps me and eases my freaking-out-ness, then that's what I need. So there. ;p So I have 11 more days to study. I can't wait to get it over with!!!

So, I got my revised acceptance letter from the hospital I will be working at. The good thing about the letter is I am making a little more than they initially told me. But the bad thing..... due to the lengthy process of getting nationally certified, state licensed, and hospital credentialed, they gave me a start date of March 14th. Bummer. But if all of that business is completed earlier, then I can start earlier. MAN I HOPE SO! I really want to start working in February so I can get a jump on my new career and so I can start earning money again. It has been over 2.5 years since I have brought home a paycheck. ug. AND I HAVE A LOT OF LOANS TO PAY OFF!!! Working during PA school is nearly impossible and HIGHLY frowned upon. So I didn't. When I wasn't in class or clinic/hospital, I was studying my tail off. Anywho, if it does take forever to get all of my documents finalized, then I may have to get a temporary part-time job after my board exam. Any ideas where I should look/apply?????

The hubby & I made a desicion that we are now no longer letting the pets in any of the bedrooms. They have been banned from the guest bedroom & workout room for a long time, but now they are no longer allowed in our bedroom either. There was just too much fur & dust & chaos. The master bed & bath is supposed to be a sanctuary, not a zoo nor allergy city. Hubby is so wonderful. He did a THOROUGH cleaning & dusting of our bed & bath. It is clean & pet free. We have reclaimed our sanctuary! The door stays shut & the pets stay out! No more cats in the bed! No more dog/cat fur tumble weeds there. Sorry pets, but we had to do it. We still love you. But you sleep downstairs now.

Final random thought of the day: I hate PMS. I wish men knew just how bad it can be sometimes. The cramps, the headaches, the bloating, the moodiness. They just don't understand the torture us women go through on a montly basis. It sucks. (p.s. this was by no means a negative towards hubby....just want to make that clear.)

Anywho, I hope all of you are still enjoying your holidays. As for me, well, I am back to the books today. I mean it this time & it's possible my blogging may continue to be lacking. My apologies in advance to those of you that care. :)

Toodles!

6 comments:

R.E.H. said...

I wish men knew just how bad it can be sometimes.

Uhm... we know! We're the ones being denied sex! That's pretty darn upsetting, let me tell you!

;)

Good luck with your studies! I'm sure you will do well (even if you do suffer from PMS).

ETK said...

Happy (and studious) thoughts are with you! You will do great, because you are AWESOME! PMS sucks donkey dongs. :)

Happy studying and we'll happily wait but January 9th better be the best post eva!

Happy New Year Love!

Allison Horner said...

REH: Thanks for the well wishes. Oh, and trust me....ya guys don't understand....

ETK: THANKS, chica! You're a peach. :) So, is "sucks donkey dongs" your new catch phrase???? LOL!

tt said...

Pups is definitely a 'chip off the old block'. Lovee, as you know, banned our wee dogs from the entire house..except the kitchen and they seem fine with it. :)
Good for you in getting 4 more days. Go for it babe! I have every bit of faith in you that you'll do great!! Remember to take deep breaths and take a walk to clear the head when things get too hectic. K?
And kick that o'bitty p.m.s to the curb...hussy!!

Jen said...

Why would anyone care if you took a few extra days for your important job qualifying board exam?! Seriously? What is wrong with people? It's not silly. It's your future. Absolutely, do what you need to do to be the best you can.

As ETK, happy and studious thoughts be with you! Good luck and enjoy your extra study time! You can do it!

Allison Horner said...

TT: Thanks & HAHA! Love you callin me hussy! ;)

Jen: You're back! How was your trip home? Hope you had a very merry Christmas!