Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Week in Review

First of all, I apologize for the lack of blogging. I have just been too tired during the week. I only have free time in the evenings these days, and it is just enough to hang out with the hubby, eat dinner, and pass out in bed.

Last week, ETK came for a visit, & it was great to see her as usual! Hubby & I are glad that she may be making more trips to H-town with the new job. YAH! More ETK! :) Then she and Hubby flew up to OK to visit Hubby's dad & TT. I couldn't make it up there since I don't have PTO just yet, but glad TT & Lovee got to spend some alone time with their kiddos. :) I spent the weekend resting & all day Saturday catching up with one of my girlsfriends & finally got to meet her new baby boy. She has 2 little boys now & they are both such cuties. NO, I am not getting any ideas....but I did have a STRANGE dream last night which I will save for another blog.

This week was my first week as a FO PAC as others have called me. FULL-ON PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT-CERTIFIED. ;) So, I can see patients on my own, bill for my services, write orders & prescriptions, etc. It was a busy week, but a good one. I feel like I am really starting to get the hang of it. YAH ME! :)

This was my first week to receive big thanks & a little gift from one of my patients. I worked hard to get this old man back to see us for a new tumor that had grown (the man is old & from another state) & thankfully my surgeon was able to get the tumor out. The patient was recovering in the hospital this week, but like a good little patient he got out of bed as we tell them to do (to prevent pneumonias and blood clots). He walked to the hospital rose garden and then walked all the way to clinic (on the other side of the building from the inpatient floors) to track me down. Lucky for him I was there that day b/c it wasn't one of my normal clinic days. He just had to give me a rose IN PERSON that he had picked from that hospital rose garden. How sweet was that!?! He is a cute old man, a bit crotchety at times, but cute none-the-less. He thanked me for helping "save his life." It definitely gave me warm fuzzies. That's why I am doing this job.

So, you have sweet patients like that.

Then there are the people that frustrate you. For example......WHY ARE YOU SMOKING IN THE PARKING GARAGE OF A CANCER HOSPITAL????? I don't know if this person was a patient or a visitor, but really. HOW INCONSIDERATE!! I understand that this is a difficult time, but why expose yourself and others around you to the carcinogens that probably helped you (or the patient) get to the hospital in the first place? No offense to the (unfortunately) many readers of mine that smoke, but I think most of you would be thoughtful enough to not smoke at/near a cancer center. P.S. You all need to quit smoking. OK. I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry. You have to remember the people I am working hard/fighting for everyday now..... And I love you. And I care....

I need more coffee....

So the weekend: I GOT TO SLEEP IN TODAY!!! IT WAS SOOO NICE!!! :)

I think Hubby & I are going to spend this weekend planning for what we need to do to make our townhome ready to sell. We have more organizing, decorating, and cleaning to do before we can consider putting it on the market. I am sure we will look more online, too. Maybe drive around some more tomorrow. After some bad, long drives home this week (Hubby had one night where due to weather and a wreck, it took him over 2 hours to get home...rediculous!), I think he is getting more and more ready to move! :)

Know anyone that wants a well-kept 3 year old townhome? :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I can vouch, the town home is in mint, top shape condition. It's very well taken care of. You would not even know Mr. and Mrs. Alli have animals! It's beautiful and comfy.

Yes. Quit smoking. It's an awful thing what those cigarettes do to your beautiful pink spongy lungs.

I just finished my coffee.

Big hug of kudos to Mrs. Alli on her FO-PAC, ya you know me, week! This is fantastic news! How fast did those weeks just go by? ? !

I still need to meet ETK. For real.

Apology accepted, but I missed you.

tt said...

I'm so glad your week went well. I'm especially glad you got a wee present from a patient. How sweet is that!! I often think we ( patients) forget how diligently Dr.s and PA's work for us in getting us help and the services we need.I also understand your indignation at the person who was smoking at the Hospital. It's terrible inconciderate of people to do that. A walk across the street or around the block to escape peering eyes and awkward glances would have been a better move and probbly made him feel better too. ( can you believe that just came out of a smokers mouth?!) Seriously!
Glad you two will be able to spend the weekend together doing whatever you want. Have fun! We had so much fun with ETK and Pups! Missed you though! Hopefully next time yes? xo

g-man said...

That was nice of your patient. :) HA. Smoking in the garage of a cancer hospital, there is irony (and rudeness) for ya.

Glad you got to sleep, take advantage of all that.

Allison Horner said...

Jen: Thanks for the nice comment on the townhome. I hope we can easily sell it. Smoking's bad, mkay! ;)

TT: Miss you, too! Hopefully I can come up there soon! I need to come up and see my sissie & her hubby & their new house in OKC, too!

Gman: Yes! Total irony. I am seeing a lot of irony in this new job, some of which I am not completely comfortable blogging about but wish I could. Yes, sleep is MUCH needed!! :)