Wednesday, February 27, 2008

One of those days

I had one of those days at work today where I felt like a doofus. I'll save you from the boring details. Let's just say I felt like a stupid student again. It was stinky.

I understand that I have a HUGE learning curve ahead of me, but man, I am soooo hard on myself and a little impatient at times. I want to know everything right now! I want to be good at it NOW! I have always been that way. The good thing about me now compared to being a child, is I don't easily give up. I am persistant & keep at it! (Not that I would give up my job, I'm just sayin'.) NOW as an adult, I love to be challenged. I don't want an easy job. I want to always have the opportunity to learn more. I want the ability to always be able to improve. Be careful what you ask for right? Well, I definitely got it.

NOW...it's the patience that I need to work on.


Well at least things are moving a little faster now. I got my business cards today & my crackberry yesterday. I am becoming more official everyday. However, I found out that I won't be able to bill for my services, write prescriptions or orders until after March 6 when I get my full hospital credentials (i.e. red tape shtuffs). I think that is a little frustrating for everyone! Well, I guess it gives me a little more time in training mode.

I am enjoying it, but am already looking forward to a weekend gettaway for my cuz's wedding!

5 comments:

Jen said...

***opening red vino. . . pouring***

Having a glass in your honor.

Miss you!

Chin up buttercup. These kind of days seem to work themselves out just fine by the end.

I have faith in you.

Teresa said...

Don’t you wish we really knew as much as we thought we knew when leaving school? Turns out we know NOTHING! :) I had another really stupid moment at work yesterday as well.... just add it to the ever growing list... :) We will get through it, just takes that pesky patience thing like you said... grr...

R.E.H. said...

Looks like a great getaway that place.

Yeah, a job like what you have certainly requires constant learning. Good to hear you're still enjoying it ;)

Allison Horner said...

Jen: Thanks, chica! How was the vino? ;) Today was a better day.

Teresa: Yes, I have days where I wish I could just put a disc into my head and then I would know everything! :) Yes, in time...it'll come...
patience truly is a virtue.

REH: Yeah, we are looking forward to the little cabin in the woods...

tt said...

Looks fabulous! I'm sure you'll need a wee rest.